School Hours: 8:30 a.m – 3:20 p.m.
8:00 a.m Drop off begins
8:15 a.m Morning Assembly
8:30 a.m Tardy Bell – School Instruction Begins
3:20 p.m Dismissal
Arrival Procedures: All students must be dropped off through the carpool line.
Dismissal Procedures: All students will be dismissed through the carpool gate at 3:20. Only students who live within walking distance of school will considered walkers.
Parking: Please do not park where there is a No Parking sign or in the carpool line. Do not park in the Faculty parking lot or block any driveway area.
According to state guidelines and our school system calendar, an elementary or middle school student is not allowed more than eleven (11) unexcused absences during the school year in order to receive grades and be considered for promotion to the next grade.
Our school system recognizes the reasons listed below that would result in an absence being classified as an excused absence. Excused absences do not count toward the total number of absences a student is allowed during a school year.
Reasons for Excused Absences
- A physical or emotional illness as verified by a doctor’s note within five (5) days of the absence(s)
- An extended hospital stay as verified by a doctor’s note
- An extended recuperation from an accident as verified by a doctor’s note
- An extended contagious disease with a family as verified by a doctor’s note
- A prior school system’s approval for educational purposes
- A death in the immediate family (not to exceed five school days)
- A religious observance of special and recognized holidays of the child’s faith
- A natural catastrophe or disaster
- For any other extenuating circumstance(s), parents/legal guardians must make a formal appeal to the Supervisor of Child Welfare and Attendance at the appropriate region